Redhawk Caldera Break my bones just to heal your pain
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The sound of paws against the ground drew Elwood's attention, and he looked up blearily. The last wolf he expected to see was Finley, but there she was -- racing towards him, her expression bright. He quickly convinced himself that he was seeing things and that his mind was playing a cruel trick on him, and it wasn't until she was right next to him that he realized that she really had returned.

His face shifted into confusion as she eagerly pressed herself against him, hugging him as though nothing had happened. Had he imagined the fight the night before? Maybe it had just been a nightmare. There was no other explanation for her behavior, and though part of him was glad to see her, there was another piece of his heart that was defensive and unwilling to accept her affection.

He started to pull away from her, though she was insistent. She draped herself over him in what was quite possibly the weirdest embrace he had ever received, and he felt annoyance growing in his chest. What the hell was she doing? "Finley," he said, rolling his shoulders in an attempt to push her away; he purposefully used her given name, despite the fact that she had called him by a pet name.

And then, he felt it.

He froze, eyes widening slowly. Her belly was resting against his cheek at this point, and he felt an unmistakable fluttering. The softest, gentlest of movements -- almost like little feet dancing across her stomach.

Elwood withdrew abruptly, his gaze full of questions as he looked at Finley. Was she...?
Messages In This Thread
Break my bones just to heal your pain - by Elwood - May 23, 2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Break my bones just to heal your pain - by Elwood - May 24, 2015, 07:14 PM