Redhawk Caldera I don't want easy, I want crazy
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood nudged Finley reassuringly. He would have been worried by her suggestion had she not already said those exact words a multitude of times. "It'll be fine," he murmured -- the exact words he had said more than once -- and leaned into her. He had admitted to her already that he was nervous too, but despite the poor timing of their news, he truly felt that their friends would be happy for them.

Luckily, the pair was not left alone with their thoughts for too long; if Peregrine and Fox had kept them waiting much longer, Finley might've tried to sneak away. The fiery Alpha female was the first to appear, and Elwood felt a simultaneous twinge of excitement and anxiety. She greeted them cheerfully, and Elwood realized that it was the first time he had seen a genuine smile on Fox's face in weeks. That buoyed his own spirits, and his waving tail mimicked hers.

"Hey! Everything's great. We actually have some news..." he started, and it was at about that time that Peregrine slunk up next to Fox. It felt unnatural to see him showing subordination to the rest of them, although there was a ghost of a smile upon his lips. "Hey, Perry," Elwood said warmly, using his expression to show the former Alpha that he was glad to see him, despite the circumstances.

"So, uh, I was just saying to Fox that we have some news to share," he continued, shifting his weight as his stomach twisted nervously. He glanced at Finley, then said, "We finally tied the knot. We're mates. And..." Here, he paused, giving her the chance to finish his sentence. His heart thrummed apprehensively in his throat.
Messages In This Thread
I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - May 25, 2015, 10:04 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - May 26, 2015, 01:45 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by RIP Fox - May 26, 2015, 02:17 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - May 26, 2015, 08:10 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - May 27, 2015, 09:04 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by RIP Fox - June 02, 2015, 11:34 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - June 02, 2015, 06:04 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - June 02, 2015, 08:03 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by RIP Fox - June 05, 2015, 01:56 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - June 06, 2015, 02:01 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - June 22, 2015, 09:24 PM