Redhawk Caldera I don't want easy, I want crazy
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She licked his nose, which warmed his heart a little. He then leveled his jade gaze on the silver pair (keeping it at a respectful level, of course), his expression patient but expectant. His eyes shifted primarily to Elwood when the Beta male spoke, announcing that he and Finley were finally official. A genuine smile began to light up the swarthy Kappa's features, though it froze when Elwood trailed off and evidently waited for his new wife to add something else.

In true Finley fashion, she blurted a single word: "Pregnant." Like Fox beside him, Peregrine experienced a spectrum of emotions. First and foremost, he felt his heart lift at his friends' news. He had told Elwood they would have his blessing, after all, and the celebration of new life was just what the pack needed right now. But this was not how he had anticipated it would happen. He had expected they would come to him and Fox and request formal permission in advance—to be asked, not told. He had also hoped for to happen later, when the Firebirds were a bit older, at least six months. He supposed none of them could contend with Mother Nature and her timing, though...

His lips parted to ask how all of this had happened, but then Peregrine reminded himself: he had no right to judge or say anything anymore. Elwood was his superior, the highest-ranked male in the pack, with more right to breed than he did. If anyone could be upset with him and Finley, it was Fox, not him. While she silently waited for him to say something, he did the same to her, pressing his lips firmly together. But after a long beat of silence, he felt her silver eyes boring into him, so he looked at her and read her expression like his favorite book.

Facing the Betas again, Peregrine said the only thing he thought he had any right to say: "Congratulations, you two." Though he didn't say it out loud, his expression asked a second question, What the heck happened, guys?
Messages In This Thread
I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - May 25, 2015, 10:04 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - May 26, 2015, 01:45 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by RIP Fox - May 26, 2015, 02:17 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - May 26, 2015, 08:10 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - May 27, 2015, 09:04 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by RIP Fox - June 02, 2015, 11:34 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 02, 2015, 11:54 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - June 02, 2015, 06:04 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - June 02, 2015, 08:03 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by RIP Fox - June 05, 2015, 01:56 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - June 06, 2015, 02:01 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Finley - June 22, 2015, 09:24 PM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by RIP Fox - June 23, 2015, 10:18 AM
RE: I don't want easy, I want crazy - by Elwood - June 29, 2015, 11:02 AM