Redhawk Caldera I'll catch a grenade for you [IC Joining]
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
A single, small wolf catching a deer is pretty unlikely, so Perry's dubious! Don't mind him.

She jogged off into the distance and Peregrine decided to throw himself down onto the ground and relax while he waited. He quickly grew bored of scanning the horizon, so he set about giving himself a bath. By the time he finished with his impromptu spit shine, there was movement in the distance. He put his leg back down on the ground and squinted, then muttered under his breath.

"How the f..." he began to say, staring down at the doe. His eyes then snapped up to Novia's face as he accused, "There's no way you brought this down on your own. Tell me the truth: did you find this carcass and drag it back here, thinking I'd believe you caught this by yourself? I'm twice as big as you and I can't bring down a healthy young doe on my own."

With that said, that meant that Novia was either very lucky or incredibly crafty. If she hadn't felled the doe herself, she had stolen it from the (likely larger) predator that had. Peregrine glared at her mistrustfully for a long moment, pondering this, before relaxing. He didn't trust that she'd killed the deer herself, which meant she was still unproven. But one hunt didn't mean much one way or another.

"I'll accept you on the condition that you continue to prove your worth as a hunter and fighter. You'll need to impress not only me but my mate and the Alpha female, Fox, as well as my Betas: Finley and Elwood. It's on you to find them and introduce yourself, then begin contributing right away. If you're not a good match for this pack or you don't pull your own weight, we won't hesitate to chase your ass out of town, Novia. Any questions?"
Messages In This Thread
I'll catch a grenade for you [IC Joining] - by Novia - June 15, 2015, 11:00 AM
RE: I'll catch a grenade for you [IC Joining] - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 15, 2015, 01:24 PM