Shoulda started running
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena's leisurely steps brought her to the lowest point of the borders, where the trees began to thin out into the flatlands beyond. Ordinarily nothing but prey moved out there. Wolves came and went from the plains, but they seldom lingered. There was nothing for them here. Today, however, there was someone lingering, and for the briefest of instants, Saena readied herself to make like a warden and charge.

But before she could even spike out her hackles, the approaching wolf's voice found her. Saena's ears pricked upright at once and her posture changed from one pending aggression to curiosity. She took a few steps forward, squinting. It didn't take long for recognition to kick in.

"Oh, hi," Saena called across the distance. She padded out to meet Nochtli, simultaneously bringing them to a more appropriate speaking distance and ensuring the other female didn't wander past the borders. Saena had her territorial moments, and though this was not one of them, she didn't take chances. She didn't think Nochtli would do anything anyway, so it was mostly habit rather than any real perception of threat. Nochtli was a northern wolf too, and was therefore respected as an unspoken ally, even if she was not necessarily trusted.

"Reek said your name was Noch," she said idly. "I wanted to thank you for your levelheadedness the other day. I don't like being like that, but... once bitten and all. I'm Saena. I can't remember if I ever said." She hoped Nochtli understood and that this visit wasn't one born of disappointment or malice for the Rise wolves' behaviour toward Sebastian that day. She was sure it didn't have anything to do with Meldresi, who had equally witnessed the ire of the taiga wolves. "What brings you here?" she wondered, hoping to put those concerns to rest.
Messages In This Thread
Shoulda started running - by Saēna - July 10, 2015, 09:06 PM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Nochtli - July 13, 2015, 08:18 AM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Saēna - July 13, 2015, 03:20 PM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Nochtli - July 13, 2015, 10:12 PM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Saēna - July 15, 2015, 06:03 PM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Nochtli - August 03, 2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Saēna - August 05, 2015, 09:35 AM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Nochtli - August 18, 2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Saēna - August 20, 2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Nochtli - August 20, 2015, 09:57 PM
RE: Shoulda started running - by Saēna - August 23, 2015, 11:52 AM