Wonders of the world
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
It wasn't Scimitar, which was good (although Tryphon was caught wondering how he had confused this stranger with his burly leader), but it was a stranger. A stranger that was far too close to the peak wolves' new home. Any reasonable creature would have been defensive about it; heck, Scimitar himself would probably chase this girl away on sight. Everyone was on edge after the fire. This could have been the perfect moment to prove his loyalty to the pack -- by chasing a lone wolf out, and reporting the incident.

But that wasn't what Tryphon would do. He thought about it briefly, but the line of thought was struck from his mind as soon as the stranger began to speak. Her tone wasn't hostile, and her posture was hardly aggressive. The boy eased out of his own heightened submissive stance and tried to shrug off the entire situation.

"No," he started to say, his voice sounding meek initially. "I mean - no, I don't need your help." He lifted his head and puffed up a little bit, trying to look as intimidating as Scimitar. He really just looked like a fluffed up rooster. "This land belongs to my family. What are you doing here?" That sounded like something a warden would say, right? It felt fake. It felt strange. But what else was he supposed to do in this situation? Invite her back home when the pack was just getting settled? Yeah, right.
Messages In This Thread
Wonders of the world - by Wynter Wolf - August 11, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Wonders of the world - by Larus - August 11, 2015, 07:55 PM
RE: Wonders of the world - by Wynter Wolf - August 11, 2015, 08:04 PM
RE: Wonders of the world - by Larus - August 11, 2015, 08:49 PM