Redhawk Caldera She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Family thread! Stevie, I know you're on absence, so take your time replying to this -- just wanted to start something to keep the timeline moving! <3 If any of this isn't okay, just PM me and let me know! @Finley @Elwood Jr

In the days following Finley's rescue, Elwood had scarcely left her side. He completely forfeited his duties as Beta, gamekeeper, and warden, knowing that his packmates -- particularly Peregrine and Fox -- would take up for him while he nursed his mate back to health. Raven was a constant presence, coming and going frequently as she tended to Finley's wounds, and he was thankful for her help.

The events that had transpired had been overwhelming for Elwood, and he suspected that it had been even moreso for Eljay. He did his best to try to explain everything to his son, and even tried to send the boy on a couple of errands with Raven -- although Eljay sometimes refused to be away from his mother. He didn't push the issue, knowing that the weeks spent without Finley had been traumatic for the youth.

Presently, Elwood was laying just outside of the den, soaking up the autumn sunlight while giving Finley some space. He glanced over his shoulder frequently, peering into the shadows where she lay as though afraid she would disappear. Although her recovery would be a long and rocky road, he knew that she wouldn't be going anywhere for a long while, and that thought both comforted and bothered him. He frowned thoughtfully as he gnawed at an itchy spot on his right foreleg, one ear tilted back towards the burrow as he listened for any movement from within.
Messages In This Thread
She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite - by Elwood - October 05, 2015, 12:32 PM
RE: She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite - by Eljay - October 06, 2015, 07:39 AM
RE: She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite - by Eljay - October 23, 2015, 02:58 AM
RE: She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite - by Eljay - October 28, 2015, 04:40 AM
RE: She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite - by Finley - November 07, 2015, 07:21 PM
RE: She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite - by Elwood - November 08, 2015, 02:02 PM
RE: She's got an appetite for lightin' dynamite - by Eljay - November 12, 2015, 05:08 AM