Silvertip Mountain And yes I've dreamt of you too
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
All Welcome 
They were in the new area of the pack, closer to the glass caves. Mason had noticed that the prey here was more ready, and it was plumper. He had caught a rabbit – his first solo success. Mason was excited. He wanted to share the news with June and his Dad. In particular, despite his best intentions, he also wanted to show it to Zaria. Mason’s crush was at risk of turning into an obsession – his Dad had done the very worst thing to try and quash a youthful impression, by bringing Zaria into their family. It was impossible for Mason to try and distance himself too much, for fear of losing contact with June and his Dad. But that meant he was seeing Zaria more frequently than was clever. Especially considering he tended to swing by the areas she frequented. 

But that was a problem for another day. 

A spot of extra-cold was suddenly deposited on the bridge of his muzzle. Mason jumped a bit, and then realigned his eyes to try and see what it was – a rain drop? Thanks to the odd set of his wide eyes, he couldn’t see the very-pale flake on his not-as-pale fur. Mason shook off the unnerving feeling that something was about to happen, and he plodded forwards with his catch swinging freely from his mouth. He was heading towards the glass caves, but still some way off. Mason’s dappled shoulders looked dull in the dim light. Trees were dotted around to take some of the brunt of the wind, but the rest whipped at his soft fur. Mason had never done well in cold, and he shivered, feeling a bit glum.

Without further warning the snowflakes began to fall. In swirls and flurries, dancing amongst the winds and breezes, they reached out to touch his fur. Along his back, against his tail, through the channels of his ears. Mason stopped, stock still, as the cold began to blanket him.

The late October storm was likely to stop within an hour, as quickly as it started, but it was the first real snow Mason had ever seen. His orange eyes lit up and he dropped the deceased rabbit. Without further ado, Mason began to twirl and whirl with the snow, small yips of glee erupting from his muzzle. He jumped and snapped at the flakes, dropped to the ground and rolled in them, and generally moved as they did. 

There was some joy in the boy yet.
Messages In This Thread
And yes I've dreamt of you too - by Mason - October 31, 2015, 04:34 AM
RE: And yes I've dreamt of you too - by Lunae - October 31, 2015, 06:26 AM
RE: And yes I've dreamt of you too - by Mason - December 01, 2015, 05:29 AM
RE: And yes I've dreamt of you too - by Steady - December 01, 2015, 03:36 PM