Blacktail Deer Plateau the time has come (ic joining)
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
We need ten posts for this to count toward EXP, so if she wants to ask any questions or anything, we can extend this a few more rounds! :)

Her response didn't satisfy him; he had yet to receive an answer that satisfactorily explained any newcomer's choice. It was especially dissatisfying to him that she'd held out for nearly a year, only to choose a pack based on its smell. He dismissed it with a slight sideways flick of his dark muzzle, then concentrated on Sabriyah's supposed strengths. His eyes bored into her, scrutinizing her build and her body language. If she really had been alone for the better part of a year, she was either an incredible hunter or a masterful scavenger, perhaps a bit of both.

"Normally, I'd have you hunt for me to prove yourself," he told her, "but I don't have the time or patience for that right now. I'm going to accept you, Sabriyah, but if you don't prove yourself right away, I will chase you away from my lands." Peregrine paused, then decided to give her a specific task. "In order to formalize your probationary membership, I want you to hunt no less than three small animals, which you will add to the cache near the den I share with my mate. But do not disturb my family. The pups are not even three days old." This would give her the opportunity to prove her hunting capabilities, as well as feed the Alpha pair's family, showing her loyalty.

After giving her a moment to digest this, Peregrine said, "Welcome to Blacktail Deer Plateau. You will be the Pi." He paused, wondering why he hadn't ever thought to give that rank to Pied, if only for fun. He then continued, asking, "Do you have any questions, Sabriyah?"
Messages In This Thread
the time has come (ic joining) - by Sabriyah - April 02, 2014, 06:03 PM
RE: the time has come (ic joining) - by Sabriyah - April 02, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: the time has come (ic joining) - by Sabriyah - April 02, 2014, 07:01 PM
RE: the time has come (ic joining) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 02, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: the time has come (ic joining) - by Sabriyah - April 02, 2014, 08:22 PM
RE: the time has come (ic joining) - by Sabriyah - April 02, 2014, 08:43 PM
RE: the time has come (ic joining) - by Sabriyah - April 02, 2014, 09:08 PM