Redhawk Caldera Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin)
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Wow, sounds like school has been keeping you super busy! Hopefully you'll have a little bit of a break over Christmas...? My last day of work is this Friday, and us teachers are just as excited about the break as the kids are! ;)

"You have no idea," Elwood murmured in an off-handed manner at Somnia's mention of invaders. The pack had buckled down considerably on their security measures in the time that she had been gone. He quieted, though, and refocused his thoughts when she launched into an explanation of what had happened to her. The tale was long and Elwood listened intently, although her wordiness made him want to smile; it was so familiar, and he found he had missed that trait.

By the time she finished, her voice elevated almost to a shout, Elwood's brows were knit with consternation. It was troubling to learn that she had been injured and unable to return; that hit much too close to home, he realized. Had Roz not been the one to find Finley, the very same fate could have befallen her. Although Somnia's frustration was evident, she calmed and almost seemed apprehensive as she waited for the Beta's verdict.

"What an adventure," he quipped wryly. "I'm glad you're back, though, and I think Peregrine and Fox will be too. We looked for you after you disappeared, but couldn't find you...I'm sorry." Had they searched further, they might have saved her from a whole lot of trouble; but if there was anything Elwood had learned from Finley's ordeal, it was that he couldn't dwell on the past. "Come on; let's talk and get you something to eat," he said, gesturing for her to cross the borders with him.
Messages In This Thread
Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - November 25, 2015, 12:51 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - November 29, 2015, 08:50 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - December 02, 2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - December 02, 2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - December 12, 2015, 04:02 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - December 14, 2015, 11:01 AM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - December 14, 2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - December 14, 2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - December 14, 2015, 09:13 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - December 15, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - December 15, 2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - December 16, 2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - December 28, 2015, 10:49 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - January 02, 2016, 10:53 AM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Somnia - January 02, 2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Tell The World I'm Coming Home (Rejoin) - by Elwood - January 05, 2016, 08:19 PM