Blacktail Deer Plateau Beyond the veil
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
You're fine, Danni! Actually, I'm going to breach post order too because Perry's gonna nab Sabriyah (and Kisu too, if he wants to be there) to go bury Pied.

His wife took the news in silence. Peregrine peered at her concernedly, yet there were more pressing matters... not to mention the wolves now gathering just outside the den. So as to prevent Hawkeye from becoming overwhelmed by everything, he positioned himself in front of the den and addressed the milling wolves in a deep, authoritative voice.

"Thank-you, Blue Willow. If you don't mind staying close by, in case Hawkeye needs your help..." His eyes flicked to Sabriyah. "Come with me," he answered her simply. Finally, he turned to Kisu, a soft look of grief on his face. "I'm really sorry, man. You can stay here with Hawkeye and the pups or come with me. I'm going to give Pied a proper burial." He paused, then added, "And of course you're welcome to stay with us indefinitely," in the hope that it would give the male some measure of comfort.

Motioning for Sabriyah (and Kisu, if he wanted) to follow him, Peregrine departed from his den, heading back to the burrow where Pied's lonely body lay. When he arrived, he went inside alone and emerged with her body a few moments later, trying his best not to jostle it. Without a word, he indicated an open patch of grass on the nearby hillock and they began to dig.

It took an hour or two, all told, and by the time Pied was buried and covered over with earth, Peregrine trembled with grief and exertion. He wished his niece a silent goodbye, exchanged a brief glance with whomever still lingered, then departed swiftly to reunite with his newly-expanded family back at his den.
Messages In This Thread
Beyond the veil - by Pied - April 04, 2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 04, 2014, 10:34 AM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Saēna - April 04, 2014, 12:42 PM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Blue Willow - April 04, 2014, 03:16 PM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Kisu - April 07, 2014, 11:37 AM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 07, 2014, 12:23 PM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Sabriyah - April 07, 2014, 12:25 PM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Hawkeye - April 07, 2014, 01:51 PM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Pura - April 07, 2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Blue Willow - April 09, 2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Beyond the veil - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 09, 2014, 01:23 PM