Redhawk Caldera Hope that tomorrow brings us our butterfly wings
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When she asked, he sighed quietly and shook his head, "No. I knew it wouldn't, though. Pan isn't..." He paused. "Wasn't, I guess..." Peregrine paused again. "The type to abandon his pack. He was loyal to us—to me, in particular—to a fault. He would die before he turned his back on us." Those words weighed heavily in the air. He was now convinced that's exactly what had happened. He wish he knew the whys and hows. The lack of closure was a special kind of torture.

"But Pan wouldn't want me moping around forever. He would have been so thrilled about the pups, so I'm trying to focus on them and the joy he would have felt." That sounded cheesy as hell, yet he was being entirely genuine. "Maybe I'll even name one after him," he suddenly thought out loud, glancing at Somnia as if to see what she thought of the idea. "Wifi and Rave were named for lost loved ones."

In fact, he and Fox had only given their daughters middle names, not their son. It was now a tradition of sorts, just like naming them after birds or another animals. He assumed they would follow suit with the second batch. Wouldn't it be poetic if they named one of their little girls after Pan? The thought warmed the cockles of Peregrine's heart and he slowly began to smile again.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hope that tomorrow brings us our butterfly wings - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 12, 2016, 09:33 AM