Redhawk Caldera no rest for the wicked
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Figured I'd conclude this and send it off to the archives. :)

Just as abruptly as she had shared the news, Fox excused herself. She left a rather confused Beta pair in her wake, and Elwood exchanged a glance with Finley. He nodded his head in agreement with his mate's comment on Fox's social skills, then his expression sobered.

"I didn't think this was that serious. Peregrine told me that something was wrong with his nose, but I didn't realize that he would even consider stepping down," he said, shaking his head gently with a frown. Obviously, a lack of a sense of smell was a serious issue for a wolf, especially an Alpha -- but somehow, he had imagined that it was a temporary impairment. To hear now that Peregrine was still suffering was concerning; but Elwood was even more worried now about the repercussions for the pack.

He pursed his lips. "I don't know what will happen if he steps down," he said. Would Fox remain the only Alpha? Would she give up leadership alongside her mate? And if that transpired, then what would it mean for Elwood and Finley? The puzzled Beta pair wandered back towards the rendezvous site, their heads close as they whispered of the possibilities.
Messages In This Thread
no rest for the wicked - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 01:29 AM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2016, 09:41 AM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by Finley - January 19, 2016, 12:54 PM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by Elwood - January 20, 2016, 05:01 PM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by RIP Fox - January 20, 2016, 07:32 PM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by Finley - January 20, 2016, 07:44 PM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by Elwood - January 20, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by RIP Fox - January 20, 2016, 08:17 PM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by Finley - January 21, 2016, 05:30 PM
RE: no rest for the wicked - by Elwood - January 22, 2016, 09:45 PM