Sleeping Dragon the things i do for love
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Perhaps if Eli and Smoke hadn't disappeared.  Or Warbone abandoned them. Or if Snacha hadn't, maybe it would be different. Maybe Thuringwethil would understand. Maybe she wouldn't be so hurt. They'd all gone without a word and Lucani had taken the effort to seek them out, but it stung no less than the others. She might reason to say it is worse, because she's seeing it, because it isn't really closure.

It isn't her decision.

Even if Lucani remains calm, Thuringwethil can't extinguish the heat beneath her cheeks, claiming someone had poisoned her. She swallows the lump in her throat but she doesn't allow her hardened glare to change, even when the older woman bows her goodbye. Dark eyes follow her and her paws itch to stampede the ground and rush her out, but she remains still. Focused on the departure, she barely hears Gyda begin to speak.

The Heda turns her head then and can't find the words to speak, but the queen does not give her a chance. She turns and Thuringwethil's teeth grind together, jerking her head in the opposite direction. In that moment, Lucani is no different than those that left before. The founding wolves were small then, narrowed down to Hush, but it would only be a matter of time before any of the others chose to depart and leave. Their loyalty has never been to them, and to their own selfish gain, and she struggles to believe she belongs to any of them.

Perhaps Heda has simply become a thing of the past, put to rest and the flame to die out.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 12, 2016, 07:21 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 12, 2016, 06:50 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Antumbra - April 12, 2016, 08:38 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 13, 2016, 03:19 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 15, 2016, 05:12 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Antumbra - April 15, 2016, 08:12 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 16, 2016, 02:56 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 17, 2016, 06:16 AM