Phantom Hollow The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni peeked around the corner of the den's entrance to see Judas looking away, still unable to meet her gaze and looking properly shamed for everything he'd done. Good. Not even time healing had completely rid her of the bitterness she felt in being his first--and hopefully only--target, though the little wolf did her best not to present it too outwardly and tried to maintain at least a neutral expression.

He wasn't leaving. In fact, it sounded like he was trying to turn things around, making himself available to the pack in whatever way would benefit them. She wanted to believe it, and did to an extent--why else would Malice have kept him around so long if he wasn't trying to turn things around? And maybe it made her feel just a little guilty for being so bitter still, especially given his sorry state.

She shifted her weight at the disquiet of her own thoughts, and perked her ears when he admitted he'd been hoping to talk to her. He'd had more to say to her after all then? But he hadn't come looking for me... Was that for her comfort? Or his own?

The "it" he spoke of was instantly understood, and the mottled female lowered her gaze to stare at her injured leg. It didn't make her nearly as self-conscious as it had at the start, but she still felt awkward talking about it to the wolf who'd caused the damage in the first place. "I can walk," Mitanni stated, lifting her gaze to try and meet his. "There's a noticeable scar, but that's the worst of it now."

It was weird talking to him, this new him that was so different from the wolf who'd seemed initially unsettling but otherwise nice, as well as the one who'd lashed out at her without warning. But this felt like a more genuine side, without secrets and more predictable, even if what was predictable wasn't all that good. Still, she felt better, maybe a little more sure of herself in his presence, and spoke after a moment, "I'd have figured after staying cooped up in here you'd be wandering around as much as you could." Not that she knew him very well, or at all, but it seemed likely of just about anyone.
Messages In This Thread
The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Judas - April 24, 2016, 02:36 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Mitanni - April 24, 2016, 02:54 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Judas - April 24, 2016, 05:17 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Mitanni - April 24, 2016, 05:43 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Judas - April 24, 2016, 05:55 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Mitanni - April 24, 2016, 06:25 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Judas - April 24, 2016, 06:42 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Mitanni - April 24, 2016, 07:27 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Judas - April 24, 2016, 07:39 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Mitanni - April 24, 2016, 08:04 PM
RE: The Guilt I Have Pulls Me Down - by Judas - April 24, 2016, 08:18 PM