Hushed Willows would you still love me the same.
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
As the words spilled out from the stranger's mouth, Octavia felt her blood run cold and her heart seize. It seemed like a lie, an outright lie, that Warbone would ever offer the pack to anyone. Then again, he had welcomed her, and she had been quite desperate. Perhaps it was his way. Whether it was something she would honor now, as he was no longer among them, Octavia was not sure. She thought of her son and of the pack's limited resources; she observed this woman, this mother, and saw the desperation within her; and most importantly, she felt a great swelling of empathy that overshot any apprehension within herself. Yes, this woman was a mother, and she was in great need. Who knows how far she has traveled with her children simply to bow down before Warbone -- before Octavia -- and beg for help.

I wasn't aware of any such offer, Octavia felt herself explaining, stating a fact. Warbone had left to find food and then returned, and then vanished again, not a word passing between the two of them about this arrangement. Octavia fell silent then, thinking, watching, trying to get a feel for the woman without making any decisions yet. Finally she announced, My name is Octavia. I was Warbone's co-alpha up until recently, when he disappeared. I think he went off in search of more supplies for us, but I am uncertain. It seemed as if she was listing off the various reasons not to allow this woman entry.

Tell me, when did you last see him? She needed to know, was desperate herself for this information. A note of curiosity rose within Tavi's voice as she spoke, and she stepped towards the grovelling woman, and then idly sniffed at her, gathering scents, searching her for signs of Warbone, for clues, for anything. If... If I accept this offer, what part of this would benefit my pack? We have our own problems. The famine is a struggle for each of us. She did not list her son among the reasons for her resistance, although this stranger could probably smell him upon her; Octavia felt that such details weren't required at this point. She wanted some answers before anything could progress beyond idle talk.
Messages In This Thread
would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 07:50 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 04:56 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 11:43 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 08:19 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 01:14 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 02:05 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 02:44 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 03:55 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Stark - June 05, 2016, 09:53 PM