Horizon Ridge West coast
187 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Skipping Stevie with permission (I think?!).

When she was finished issuing her summons, Larkspur slid backward onto her haunches, waiting patiently and exchanging small smiles with her mother every so often as Harlyn milled about the general area, sniffing here and there with mild interest. The young girl's bright blue eyes were drawn again and again toward the strangely undulating horizon, though they snapped quickly toward the movement in the distance that indicated Deidre's imminent arrival.

It wasn't in Spur's nature to behave exuberantly, even around family, but her smile was bright and her tail waved slowly as Deirdre came closer. "Hi, Deirdre," she replied shyly, smilingly, eyes dropping for a beat before she managed to drag her gaze upward again. "Thanks for coming." When her friend addressed her mother, Larkspur glanced at Harlyn and then made introductions, "Deirdre, this is my mommy." She had been raised with manners but didn't have much practical application, so she forgot to reverse the introduction.

If her mother hoped to chat with the girl, Spur unintentionally thwarted her by saying quietly but with understated enthusiasm, "I brought you a gift." She bent down to nudge the stone at her feet in Deirdre's direction. Its smooth face caught the sunlight, refracting, and Larkspur's smile grew. "It's for bringing back my daddy with your spells." Her cheeks ached a little—they weren't in the practice of being used this much—as she waited for Deirdre's reaction to the gift and good tidings.
Messages In This Thread
West coast - by Larkspur - June 15, 2016, 01:48 PM
RE: West coast - by Deirdre - June 15, 2016, 02:05 PM
RE: West coast - by Larkspur - June 17, 2016, 10:56 AM
RE: West coast - by Deirdre - June 29, 2016, 12:03 PM
RE: West coast - by Larkspur - June 30, 2016, 11:30 AM
RE: West coast - by Deirdre - June 30, 2016, 11:43 AM
RE: West coast - by Larkspur - June 30, 2016, 11:53 AM