Two Rivers Isle i knock the ice from my bones
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Arturo have his daughter a nod, to say that he understood. He didn't show it, but knowing him he wanted to offer for her to come with him. But he knew her, and he respected her enough to make her own decisions. That's another thing Devin had always loved about her father. He'd always treasured them and treated them like they were angels, but he'd respected them and themselves. Where a normal father would have forbade her to go on her own, Arturo let her in silence, and trusted her. Hopefully she was making the right decision. He finished eating after a few bites, but Devin wouldn't be able to get him to suffer down any more.

She nodded, for his statement was true. These wilds were barely wilds anymore, and hardly anything would be able to survive starting fresh. Her father's empire would have to wait. The pale female knew that giving up his own legacy and become a subordinate pack member was hard for him. Pride was something she'd gotten from him. In all honesty if she was a male and shared his appearance, she could be a younger version of her father. If she indeed went to the coast as she'd stated, she'd probably have to join a pack as well and... Follow orders.

The thought put a sour taste in her mouth, for she'd left to become her own wolf, and was now becoming just another packy. But like Arturo, survival was more important than how you survive. I guess I'll be doing the same. But I hate it. Unlike him, her vocabulary was a bit more simple. She didn't like using long words, instead she used a universal slang. The main reason she'd taken up speaking that way was to piss off her family, but it had since stuck with her. She glanced up towards the sky to find the sun was gone, and all that was left was its afterglow, a reminder that the sun would return hours from now. But until then, the mystic dark would settle in upon this isle and shift it to night.

She returned her crystalline gaze back to her father and sighed. Well, I guess I better go. I prefer to travel by night when it's less hot. Devin said she was leaving, but did not leave quite yet. She would let her father make the first move. After he said his goodbyes, she would disappear and become a phantom in the night. However she felt better after this encounter. Knowing that her father was here in Teekon gave her courage. If she ever needed him he was only a howl away. Hopefully, she didn't really know how big Teekon wilds was, but she'd surely see it all.
[Image: 2woy713.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
[Image: al40op.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
Messages In This Thread
i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 13, 2016, 04:29 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 14, 2016, 09:32 AM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 14, 2016, 03:28 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 14, 2016, 04:06 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 14, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 15, 2016, 07:37 AM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 15, 2016, 07:18 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 16, 2016, 07:15 AM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 16, 2016, 07:00 PM