Sleeping Dragon what is right and what is easy
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The woman’s question does not surprise her and Thuringwethil nods her head, feeling pleased that she’s gone out of her way to learn more in a personal session. The others have been learning as they go but she is always around if they have direct questions, but Heda remembers Uleon’s background and her curiosity only suits her. She has plenty to learn if she puts her talents to use and Thuringwethil is glad to see them out. Learning their history, their ways, would give her an advantage to integrate further into Drageda.

“One becomes Heda by a Fos Goufa winning their conclave on the predecessor’s death,” she answers, giving the simplest way possible. There is a lot that leads up to the accomplishment and she knows more questions will come, so Thuringwethil straightens her shoulders as she makes herself comfortable, certain she might be here for a while. “A Fos Goufa is a wolf born the only child in the litter, making them a whole vessel so that Heda’s spirit may reside. We are able to communicate with the wolves that were before more, mostly through dreams, and we live a different way than the other Drageda wolves.”

Her restrictions as their leader isn’t something she likes to think about, especially recently with Wildfire on her mind. She struggles to hide a sigh welling in her chest and she slowly releases the breath to reduce the pressure.

“When the last Heda passed on, my conclave—Sadgeda—and our abilities are tested and the final stage when the next commander is chosen is when one is left standing,” she explains, never leaving the woman’s face and wondering if she’d understood the meeting. “I was the youngest of the four and they didn’t see me as a threat, so when they finished killing each other and it came between me and another, he’d been weakened enough that I was able to best him.” She pauses, swallowing a lump in her throat as she thinks about that day. “The victor is left alone for the night with no assisted healing to see if we survive the spirit entering our vessel.”

She tightens her jaw then, thinking she might add something else but she shakes the thought before saying one final thing: “I had been eight months old when I became commander.”
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
what is right and what is easy - by Uleön - July 30, 2016, 11:11 PM
RE: what is right and what is easy - by Antumbra - August 02, 2016, 04:44 PM
RE: what is right and what is easy - by Uleön - August 07, 2016, 01:40 PM
RE: what is right and what is easy - by Antumbra - August 10, 2016, 08:45 AM
RE: what is right and what is easy - by Uleön - August 11, 2016, 10:48 AM
RE: what is right and what is easy - by Antumbra - August 14, 2016, 06:32 PM
RE: what is right and what is easy - by Uleön - August 14, 2016, 07:21 PM
RE: what is right and what is easy - by Antumbra - August 14, 2016, 07:37 PM