Redhawk Caldera If the world would end today
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I wasn't sure if you were still playing Liffey, Stevie, so I apologize for skipping and/or making assumptions here. FEEL FREE TO SLAP ME!!

He meant to hang back unless called, though as he heard Eljay's cries of protest devolve into heart-wrenching sobs, Peregrine couldn't help himself. He slunk back onto the scene, eyes sweeping over the frozen Elwood, the crumpled Eljay and... "Where's Liffey?" he asked in mild alarm, breath momentarily catching in his throat. Surely she hadn't gone with her mother. His one good eye then spotted her, still close to her father and partially hidden by his leg. He huffed a sigh of relief.

Peregrine then moved toward the weeping Eljay. He wished he knew what to say. Finley's actions of late left him at a loss for words. He supposed she was only behaving in character, though he had to admit it felt very off kilter these days. He sighed, peering down at the top of his nephew's head. Finley was many things—crude, awesome, fierce and foolish—and that included a mother. Of course her penchant for wandering off and picking fights with bears would translate into dropping everything, mate and son included, to find her wayward daughter.

"I wish I knew what to say," the Alpha said dumbly after a few minutes of awkward hovering. Then something clicked and he hastily added, "She'll come back. And knowing how stubborn she is, she won't come back without Lucy." Only after the words left his mouth did Peregrine realize the other implication: if she didn't find her, Finley might never return. He froze and swallowed, hoping he hadn't just further triggered the bawling yearling.
Messages In This Thread
If the world would end today - by Elwood - August 31, 2016, 08:31 PM
RE: If the world would end today - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 01, 2016, 08:50 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Finley - September 01, 2016, 06:57 PM
RE: If the world would end today - by Elwood - September 04, 2016, 11:05 PM
RE: If the world would end today - by Eljay - September 05, 2016, 08:23 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 05, 2016, 09:20 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Finley - September 05, 2016, 09:37 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Elwood - September 05, 2016, 08:35 PM
RE: If the world would end today - by Eljay - September 06, 2016, 05:32 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 06, 2016, 08:00 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Elwood - September 07, 2016, 09:37 PM
RE: If the world would end today - by Eljay - September 13, 2016, 06:14 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 13, 2016, 09:23 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Elwood - September 16, 2016, 12:02 PM
RE: If the world would end today - by Eljay - September 23, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 03, 2016, 08:00 AM
RE: If the world would end today - by Elwood - October 03, 2016, 08:19 PM