Sunbeam Lair you reduce my name to a signal fire
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr couldn't expect anything from him, as she didn't yet know how. He was still so new to her, his thoughts a greater mystery than those she'd known for quite some time. How he might answer, she could not foresee, and so nervous had she become as the wait began. Having never witnessed the growth of children before, she knew not what she was getting into, and so capable did she believer herself to be of raising them by herself. It was her certainty that allowed for her mind to be cleared, assuring herself before he'd the chance to speak that, no matter his answer, she'd manage. Should she be made to watch over them by herself, then it'd definitely be a struggle, but not something that she felt herself totally unable to do.

Never had her eyes trailed away from him the entire time that she'd awaited his response, hoping to, perhaps, locate any flicker of emotion that might betray what he was thinking. Nothing negative was seen, but, then again, she couldn't help but wonder if that might be because she didn't want to see anything of the like. One's eyes could play a variety of tricks on them if certain thoughts were strong enough, and so she'd focused instead on keeping her thoughts from wandering. She would manage, she knew that she would, and so she'd continued to assure herself of such. Even still, it'd felt as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders when he'd said yes, confirming with her that he'd be there for them—and the dragoness herself, she wanted to believe. A smile and a nod were given in return, words eluding her.

Their conversation hadn't ended there, though, for he'd had more to say. It was but a simple comment, but enough to have her at a loss for words once more. Her lips remained shut as she'd considered her response, wanting not to overstep any boundaries or allow for her mind to be misled. "Our parents raise and care for us, but that does not mean that we are destined to take after them," she'd voiced. "We decide for ourselves how we end up and what sorts of choices we make." They were in control of their own lives, able to act in whichever manner they believed to be correct. "Do you plan to take after your father?" Pallid gaze settled on his features, meeting his own in the process.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - July 31, 2016, 09:59 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - July 31, 2016, 10:48 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - August 02, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - August 02, 2016, 06:03 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - August 10, 2016, 04:30 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - August 11, 2016, 12:47 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - August 17, 2016, 10:29 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - August 29, 2016, 02:20 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - September 07, 2016, 07:34 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - September 09, 2016, 11:48 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - September 16, 2016, 10:34 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - September 17, 2016, 02:10 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - September 17, 2016, 09:44 AM