Sunbeam Lair you reduce my name to a signal fire
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
Asterr doesn't have the response he expects. Instead, she tries to placate his anxiety and he has to look away, studying something else in consideration. He focuses on a rock off to the side that seems slightly out of place, as if it might give him some kind of answer. He doesn't know what he wants to hear and he doesn't know what will fix it but Asterr seems unfazed by his background, however brief he gave her. 

The man nods his head at first but when her question is presented, he ceases and takes a moment to respond. His jaw tightens as he considers all the things his father did, and most recently, before a shudder rattles his whole form. He takes a step forward and shakes his head, certain that he can't possibly be like him. When he thinks back, he can see a few things shine through but he hopes there are aspects imbedded in him that he can't help. If he's aware of them, he can curve them into something else, but the fear remains deep. 

"I don't want to," he confesses and the urge for affection runs through his veins. His father had never been affectionate and he's reminded briefly that the man doesn't completely rule him. Swallowing a lump, he closes the distance and nudges her cheek before running his nose along her neck to take in her scent. For the moment, it grounds him and gives him enough reprieve to ward off his doubts.
Messages In This Thread
you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - July 31, 2016, 09:59 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - July 31, 2016, 10:48 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - August 02, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - August 02, 2016, 06:03 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - August 10, 2016, 04:30 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - August 11, 2016, 12:47 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - August 17, 2016, 10:29 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - August 29, 2016, 02:20 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - September 07, 2016, 07:34 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - September 09, 2016, 11:48 PM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - September 16, 2016, 10:34 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Asterr - September 17, 2016, 02:10 AM
RE: you reduce my name to a signal fire - by Ukko - September 17, 2016, 09:44 AM