Stavanger Bay i'm a man who drinks tea
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
“Thank you,” Arturo accepted her congratulations with a gracious dip of his head. He felt the edges of his lips curl from their stoic set into the barest hint of a smile at her coy smile. In a bizarre way, Arturo was almost reminded of Boadicea or rather a young incarnation of his mother. Except his mother was not called the warrior queen for nothing, while he knew the wolves of Donnelaith to be healers not seekers of war and violence. Unlike the others she did not struggle with repeating Teaghlaigh to him and the grin that spread across the gangster's lips was a covert thing, as if this was a secret they shared. Arturo did not speak his mother's tongue often, referring to the language of the ancestors only when he named his children and his ranks. Yet, this did not deaden it to him. He still knew it. It was a dialect older than the rocks and trees and not something he could ever forget no matter how many years he went without speaking it fluently.

“We are extremely close knit, and territorial. We take care of our own. We are a ...melting pot of talents.” Unlike Blackrock Depths who prided themselves on being a pack of warriors and even her own Donnelaith that he knew to be primarily healers. “Even if we do not make an alliance I will be more than happy with being on good standing with you. My young ward was among your wolves for a short while, and she has friends within your ranks. I do, as well.” Perhaps “friend” was something of a stretch as he was not sure what him and Lotte were. Perhaps it was all in his mind, so quickly smitten with the mummer as he was. Nothing was pressured — there didn't need to be any. Arturo valued his ability to do business and do it well and even if they did not ever become allies being on friendly terms was all the gangster really needed. Still, he would try for alliance if he could (and if Teaghlaigh) supported the idea because in the end an alliance was beneficial to both moreso than friendly terms.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i'm a man who drinks tea - by Arturo - September 23, 2016, 05:32 PM
RE: i'm a man who drinks tea - by Deirdre - September 26, 2016, 02:07 PM
RE: i'm a man who drinks tea - by Arturo - September 26, 2016, 02:50 PM
RE: i'm a man who drinks tea - by Deirdre - September 26, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: i'm a man who drinks tea - by Arturo - September 27, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: i'm a man who drinks tea - by Deirdre - September 27, 2016, 03:07 PM
RE: i'm a man who drinks tea - by Arturo - September 28, 2016, 01:51 PM