Ravensblood Forest mercenary #1.1
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Though he knew his companion couldn't see it the gangster gave a self-satisfied nod when she responded that she was great. That was good. That was what he liked to hear. “I've heard that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” He did not speak it to be insensitive, only to state. “some call our home beautiful and others call it a curse. But for Teaghlaigh it has been a blessing.” Old wives tales did not phase him. He did not put stock into the supernatural and the superstitious even though his mother had. “These sequoias are sentinels, stretching heavenward. They are archaic and strong. I can think of no other place for us to thrive.” The sequoias would keep them sheltered, draw in prey and though he did not believe in such things he contemplated that the legends surrounding their home might help to ward off the unwanted. Reputation could build or destroy empires — this Arturo knew well.

“I am well, keeping busy,” Arturo responded honestly, watching as she settled upon her haunches. The Ceannasach remained standing. With their pleasantries out of the way Aster got down to business without delay. “That can be arranged,” The gangster spoke, willing to accommodate her as needed. Perhaps when Chusi had some more experience under her belt he could broach the idea of accompanying Aster to his young ward; but not while she was still training. “You hunt when you are most comfortable. I'm not expecting a full grown elk. Anything helps to fill the cache, and when the pack hunts you can remain with the children.” There were always ways around it. He didn't care how so long as she contributed and helped out where she could. If patrols were too much for her he wasn't going to force it. Teaghlaigh's ranks were filling and he did not feel the need to apply pressure.

Arturo tried not to be an unreasonable man. He did not always succeed but he tried; and blind or not Aster was apart of The Family, and The Family took care of it's own.
[/tr][/td][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
mercenary #1.1 - by Estelle - October 18, 2016, 05:44 PM
RE: mercenary #1.1 - by Arturo - October 18, 2016, 06:11 PM
RE: mercenary #1.1 - by Estelle - October 18, 2016, 06:28 PM
RE: mercenary #1.1 - by Arturo - October 18, 2016, 06:52 PM
RE: mercenary #1.1 - by Estelle - October 18, 2016, 07:04 PM
RE: mercenary #1.1 - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:06 PM