Sun Mote Copse God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
She dipped her head, grateful for the words of praise. She nodded as Eshamun told her the wolves living here need not serve Molech directly. Those who did not believe could still benefit those who could, and in turn make it easier for those who did to give thanks to the Many Armed God. The kiss to her cheek made her smile, warmth spreading through her.

Her head tilt as Eshamun spoke seriously to her, a look of concern rising into her eyes at the mention of Arunik'ra's departure. She had noted the Priestess's smell had started to grow stale, but had assumed it was all for reasons she knew not. To hear that Eshamun did not know when the other would return child her slightly, though she trust Molech and Arunik'ra herself, it was hard to imagine being without the red woman.

The request was a heavy one, both in what it asked of Asherah, and in the honor behind it. She did not falter as she nodded. "I am honored to be asked, to shepherd them into Molech's embrace. It will be a hard thing, but something I can do. I will do anything you ask of me, Eshamun. Anything Molech asks." She leaned to kiss the woman's cheek in thanks, then nuzzle her chin in a submissive gesture to accept her task. 

"My own litter, though. Shall I shepard my own child into Molech's arms as well, or...how will they go if Arunik'ra is not here?" She wasn't sure if the mother herself was allowed to send the child to their God. Would it break rules? Was Eshamun herself able to send the chosen child? Or would that too break some rule of the ritual?

The thought of the ritual was something she had been, shamefully, avoiding. She knew it would allow her children, one of them, to leave the world without suffering. It would be the greatest gift she could offer any child. And yet, the idea of losing a babe still fresh from her womb was a dark one. She knew she would not shirk her duty, but now with the idea of her own child gaining life within her womb only to lose it in her muzzle beneath the waves seemed...a greater burden still. She had prepared herself to watch Arunik'ra sacrifice a child...but she had not been prepared to sacrifice her own. She steeled herself for Eshamun's answer, knowing that she would need to pray much after this.

Messages In This Thread
God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - October 27, 2016, 09:38 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - October 27, 2016, 11:31 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - October 28, 2016, 02:53 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - November 02, 2016, 07:19 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - November 02, 2016, 09:39 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - November 11, 2016, 01:43 AM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - November 14, 2016, 10:25 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - November 15, 2016, 07:26 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - November 15, 2016, 08:19 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - November 20, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - November 24, 2016, 11:21 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - November 25, 2016, 12:31 AM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - November 28, 2016, 07:29 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - November 29, 2016, 08:42 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - December 06, 2016, 07:03 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - December 12, 2016, 01:39 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - December 13, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Eshamun - December 17, 2016, 09:46 PM
RE: God Gave Heed to Her and Opened Her Womb - by Asherah - December 19, 2016, 06:33 PM