Northstar Vale The Animal I Have Become
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr's gait was hesitant at first, her deference muddling his brain, but eventually they settled on a shoulder-to-shoulder pace that the brute was happy to steer. He didn't chose to step forward, but as he realized the snowy First was really allowing him this, a little more of the pride he once felt trickled its way into his being; like the streams of water returning to the lake after a thaw, each day in even a fledgling Duskvale brought Zephyr closer to who he once was. Part of that, of course, was his politeness, but Saena kindly shot it down with a breathtaking smile and a shake of her head. "You needn't stay with us all the time, Zephyr."

The rust-marked woman went on, explaining that she used to be a Scout -- this time, her want to soothe was more obvious, and the Maverick's shoulders fell from their tensed position as he finally relaxed in the presance of his first.... This, he could get used to. While Shadowfax hadn't exactly made him into a soldier -- he, himself was more like their General, chosen as he'd been as an alpha -- Twilight had morphed her son into the kind, respectful gentleman his father couldn't be. Saena's gender alone gave her an edge over him instilled by his mother, and he listened to her with cupped ears following her slight movements.  
"I don't blame you for taking time to yourself." Unfortunatley, Zephyr did, for no matter how much Shadowfax had built him, life in the Teekon's had broken his alpha-trained mindset. Leading, perhaps, was no longer his destiny, and as loathe as he was to admit that Shadowfax wouldn't be reborn, living here in the Vale seemed a good prospect. Screwing this up would be, decidedly, his death. Without Duskvale and the pack, Zephyr could be nothing; even his weakest spots had been abandoned on the Ridge where Warbone found him. 

"Duskvale deserves my attention foremost -- I'd hate to be away if you or Warbone needed me." 

Saena went on to explain that borders weren't a big thing around here, and those who dared come close were nothing to worry about unless they deserved the teeth of the pack. There wasn't anything here for them, the First pointed out, and even as his brow raised and his head tipped to think about it, he knew she was right. There were no pups here, no caches, so tresspassing wasn't so much as annoying, perhaps a way to recruit. Even the First, however, found herself patrolling -- that brought a more genuine smile to Zephyrs ebony maw, and he nodded just before his deep voice rumbled between the space between them again. 

"A good way to keep your mind off things and not waste time away from the unit."

Before they'd taken a few more steps, a wuestion came into his mind: what did the subordinates do when faced with said strangers? Some places, he knew, were loathe to give up even a name without knowing if a wolf was going to pledge or not. 

"Assuming we aren't all together when a stranger is found, how are the subordinates supposed to greet strangers? Are we to keep quiet about our ways?"
Messages In This Thread
The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 17, 2016, 09:17 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - November 18, 2016, 08:01 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 18, 2016, 08:38 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - November 19, 2016, 09:30 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 19, 2016, 10:09 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - November 20, 2016, 11:57 AM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 28, 2016, 05:11 AM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - December 04, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - December 08, 2016, 09:09 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - December 10, 2016, 01:14 PM