Ankyra Sound your bones are the spires of Stockholm
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
As I said in Slack, cameos are perfectly fine and if you'd rather be PP'd, just give me a heads up and I can make it so!

The day had come.

Akantha's annoucement reverberated through the mossy pines as the first pale fingers of dawn began to stretch out over the long horizon—meet me on the eastern shore when the tide is low. She did not anticipate any sort of ambush or attack, but her guard was certainly up as they crossed the bridge to the mainland with @Kalika by her side and the others trailing just behind. The waves were slack, and the weather balmy; as if the Mothers themselves guided them.

Her paws hit the familiar shores of Ankyra Sound and suddenly she wondered just what Aktaie would think of this treaty she desired with Drageda. The warrior clan would be a great asset to them if she could convince them that their culture, and place on the islands, was only born of their desire to remain close to Her. Not to insult their Commander through their proximity to the cliffside pack. Akantha wanted to think she was doing right by her, and by the Mothers themselves. No communication between her, the Moon, and the Sea led her to believe otherwise.

In the distance she spotted the group. The clan. Flanked by two wolves, one a pale gray she-wolf and the other a rich cream male, was the Commander. Curiously she could not make out any flash of red among the gathered. The russet woman, Wildfire, was not among them and Akantha felt her throat clench with unease. But she refused to let it take her by surprise. Indie made a noise somewhere behind her, and she twitched an ear towards the vaudevillian to acknowledge it. The Matriarch approached boldly with @Kalika at her side, and her Sisters right behind. @Whip and @Gabe lingered in the group, and she hoped they were doing their job and keeping an eye out for any signs of ill intentions in the Commander's wolves. 

The Commander herself was a hulking thing, no taller than Akantha herself, but at least twice the mass of the Matriarch. A dense frame of muscle and bone, cloaked in an impressive shroud of darkness, with two blotches of even darker fur higlighting the emotionless mask enveloping her steely gaze. Akantha's hawkish gaze darted to the pink scars on her shoulder, noting just how precise each one—ritual scarification, perhaps? But most striking of all was the shock of bright red blood entombed in the woman's left eye. 

Akantha came to a halt a scarce twelve feet away from the Drageda host, offering a friendly dip of her muzzle, and a wave of her cricked tail. "Heda," she spoke the title the white guardian had given her at the borders, silently hopefuly it was not misplaced. "thank you for agreeing to this meeting. I am Akantha, standing Matriarch of the Nereides. The woman beside me is @Kalika, our ambassador hopeful. These are my sisters, and our young guardians." She fell silent, passing the floor to Thuringwethil with a polite nod.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
Messages In This Thread
your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Antumbra - March 02, 2017, 04:45 PM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Akantha - March 02, 2017, 08:51 PM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Xan - March 03, 2017, 12:53 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Hush - March 04, 2017, 01:10 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Dio - March 04, 2017, 03:39 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Indie - March 04, 2017, 06:57 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Gabe - March 04, 2017, 08:26 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Kendra - March 04, 2017, 06:32 PM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Kalika - March 04, 2017, 09:00 PM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Kalika - March 11, 2017, 07:12 PM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Akantha - March 13, 2017, 08:29 PM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Dio - March 14, 2017, 02:22 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Hush - March 14, 2017, 10:39 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Indie - March 15, 2017, 08:21 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Akantha - March 19, 2017, 11:54 PM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Dio - March 30, 2017, 12:40 AM
RE: your bones are the spires of Stockholm - by Akantha - April 03, 2017, 01:07 AM