Hideaway Strath and if you don't love me now
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
[table width=80%] [tr][td] 

Oh, if she truly had carried him, birthed him from her body - she had not of course. She had only come along after he had been born and his life, and his parents, had swept the pack up into chaos for a duration. When he nuzzled against him she pressed her snout to his brow, tender and gentle for a moment until he chirped up at him. "Oh but you are so strong." She cooed with a smile, peppering kisses along his brow. "But it would take so much more to never sleep ever again." Hemlock could only imagine how drained a wolf would get even after a day or two. She'd done it chasing down that cougar, and the hellcat had been crafty to say the least. She did not like the idea of Sirius being as strung out as she had been, and she wouldn't let that happen to him. 

"An adventure story? I could tell you one," She said with a smile. "There were two couples. Both lived in the Ravensblood Forest, happy and settled with their friends and Family. I was happy with my husband Palisander. He was funny, and he was brave, and he was kind. Your parents, Olive and Dakarai, were there too. Olive was gentle and kind and sweet and Dakarai was her protector. He took care of her, made sure she was happy. It was happy times - but then," Hemlock let out a breath, considering the way that everything had played out. How hard things had been when they changed. "Palisander fought a massive cat - he died protecting our Forest. Protecting me, protecting your parents, protecting our Ceannasach." There was no doubting that her husband had been a foolish man, to not call his pack and to bring them down together but he had done what he felt like his duty was.

"He was a savior, and he scared the cat off. And your Hemmy," She would do her best not to muddle the lines of caregiver and parent when she could. "I went after the cat. It grew so cold and the ice would cut my paws - there was so little to eat, and so little to find but then the snows began to shift and melt. I tricked that cat, and when I killed him, I brought his skull back to keep watch over our Forest like my Palisander had and scare all the bad things away." She curled her tail around Sirius, breathing out a soft sigh. "He would have adored you, my little wildling." She said with a smile. "And your parents - they had gone out to explore. Crossing over all kinds of lands and seeing all sorts of things. They fought other wolves, came back to our Forest, and you and your brother and sister were born. You were so small when we came to our Strath - when we left our Forest behind. So small and so tiny, we had to carry you all here." She had not, on principle, unable to keep her contempt in check. 

"When you are older and bigger we will go exploring. I have a special place to go show you, but we must wait longer because it is such a long journey. It is a meadow full of sunshine and flowers and beautiful butterflies." Hemlock had not gotten to take Palisander back like they had promised. She would someday take her boy, then, and maybe he would understand how emotional she might get.

[/td][/tr][/table]

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread
and if you don't love me now - by Sirius - May 20, 2017, 12:34 AM
RE: and if you don't love me now - by Hemlock - May 23, 2017, 12:32 AM
RE: and if you don't love me now - by Sirius - May 23, 2017, 03:45 PM
RE: and if you don't love me now - by Hemlock - May 24, 2017, 02:20 PM
RE: and if you don't love me now - by Sirius - May 25, 2017, 01:56 PM
RE: and if you don't love me now - by Hemlock - May 25, 2017, 02:43 PM
RE: and if you don't love me now - by Sirius - May 25, 2017, 10:31 PM
RE: and if you don't love me now - by Hemlock - May 26, 2017, 04:12 AM