Totoka River One chance is all I need
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar’s curiosity for the information was nothing but that: curiosity. He may not have liked Majesty personally but the platinum colored Viking had no interest in using it against him. If he wanted a war he would have started it one as soon as they had moved in. Their presence irritated him the most while he was in Horizon Ridge’s territories but when he went to Stavanger Bay the Jarl could have cared less what they did because they weren’t near him and his and they were far enough away that if they had to come anywhere near the Bay to hunt Ragnar would kill them because the distance between the Isle and the Bay was far enough that coming near them was entirely unnecessary. Besides, Ragnar was far from a reckless leader and would not call war when he did not need too. He had warned how trespassers would be handled, and he had warned that any Isle wolves caught hunting on the Ridge’s long established hunting grounds having been established long since the Isle was even an idea, Ragnar suspected, and that was that. The Head Warden had felt it was common sense but well within his rights to say nevertheless. Besides, Ragnar was tired of letting his territoriality keep him from enjoying the time with his children. He spent more times patrolling and keeping an eye on the free territories than he had with them and as a result they were greedy for his attention and it appeared to be, fought over him trying to undermine the other to steal a slice of his precious time.

That wasn’t how it was supposed to be.

A woman. Women were a man’s undoing, Ragnar knew from experience having a long line of conquests in his shadow, the first having been his brother’s own wife. Of course when he had been fooling around with Tyra Ragnar had not been anything more important than a lead Berserker and had nothing to lose. The situations were entirely different, as far as the silver man was concerned. It was a vague response — he had been hoping for something more specific but he was able to draw assumptions that she wasn’t, at least, of the Isle pack or else one of his loyal wolves …or supposed to be loyal wolves wouldn’t have actually considered joining the Ridge. “Take the time you need,” Ragnar responded and then hesitated before he added, “If you can avoid telling anyone about this since I do not want it announced but when you are ready head west a good ways. You will come across a Bay there called Stavanger Bay, it is there that you will find me and some of mine. We are working on relocating.” Since Ragnar couldn’t make Majesty leave, and he wasn’t risking anyone’s life with the bloodthirsty bear, and he believed the Ridge was cursed he figured that he would be the bigger man to all those things and move. In a way, it felt cowardly to the Viking to walk away but there was a difference between being stupid and being smart and Ragnar liked to think that his decision was a smart one.

And then after a moment remembered that via his habit of never giving his name unless it was necessary he smirked coyly and added, “I am Ragnar, by the way.” Before he let the silence envelope him once more.

Messages In This Thread
One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 02:25 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 03:30 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 04:33 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 08:02 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 09:13 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 07:06 AM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 22, 2014, 07:33 AM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 09:06 AM