Totoka River One chance is all I need
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Beric couldn't lie to himself that, even though he disagreed with Majesty and his decisions, he still felt bad about wanting to leave. His loyalty ran strong, but there was a fine line between loyalty and blindly following someone. Majesty was not the same wolf that had founded the Isle wolves, and therefore not the same wolf Beric had pledged his loyalty to. He did still feel he was abandoning his pack mates, however, but there was really nothing he could do about that, except to offer that they remain friends. He didn't think his new leader would appreciate that, however, but he would deal with that in time.

He seemed confident in giving Beric the time he needed, and Beric was grateful. He didn't want to slink out like deserter. He did have pride, after all. Besides, if he left without even a word, it may appear that he thought what he was doing was wrong. Beric had every confidence that he could no longer follow a leader who put his pack in unnecessary danger, and because he felt he was right in that sense, he would speak up to Majesty. Beric nodded in agreement, This meeting will stay between us, I assure you. He would have been leaving Wheeling Gull Isle whether or not this wolf had offered him a position in Horizon Ridge, so it was irrelevant that he just happen to be joining the Ridge wolves. Could you not tell Verrine and Julooke, as well? I'd like to surprise them, His features softened into a smile, his mood lifting a little at the thought of finally being reunited with them. He let him in on the fact they were relocating, as well. He wondered if it was because of the Isle wolves, but his leader didn't strike him as the kind to be driven out of his home by a neighboring pack. There must have been another reason, but Beric didn't bother to ask. He was simply glad he knew where they were going in case they left before he got there. Ragnar, as he finally introduced himself, seemed to genuinely want him in the pack. If he had only wanted information, he may have used Beric's relationship with Verrine and Julooke to get it. But, he hadn't. He had simply offered him a place in the pack, one-upping Beric's request of visitation. It's nice to meet you, he responded. And it was. If he hadn't, he would be leaving the Isle pack with no where to go.
Messages In This Thread
One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 02:25 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 03:30 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 04:33 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 08:02 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 09:13 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 07:06 AM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 22, 2014, 07:33 AM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 09:06 AM