Sequoia Coast a king's ransom
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Technically, though it only occurred to Ragnar after words, Verrine and Julooke were Stavanger Bay’s first mated pair because though it was a relocation of the wolves of Horizon Ridge it was a new start, a new pack in the image that Ragnar saw rather the re-creation of what Aklhut or even Pump had made. It also reminded Ragnar that he had a recruit to gather up. While he had not ever considered that he would achieve his own pack through Pump’s death — it was definitely not the ideal way — it had happened and he had to, at least, go pay Avyo a visit to see if the man still held an interest or not. Ragnar wasn’t entirely sure where he’d gone to bide his time but there were only so many packs in the Wilds. Unless, of course, he had decided not to wait after all and moved on. Julooke’s giggle, presumably borne from his blunt way of explaining the ‘birds and bees’, broke the Viking from his thoughts wondering if, maybe, he had embarrassed her. He didn’t find it embarrassing if only because he had partaken in the act many times in his short span of life thus far and for his culture it was natural as breathing. No one was really embarrassed by it. “Ah,” He hadn’t considered the other ‘when’ but it still had to do with her heat; really Ragnar didn’t see any difference in the subject matter but sometimes the language barrier still confused him and things were misunderstood in his brain. Despite his fluency in the common tongue he was still a native Norse speaker at heart (and in mind) so the crossing of wires happened sometimes.

“I do not know, Julooke,” He was uncomfortable talking about such things with her, but he got the suspicion that she was uncomfortable with talking to him about things and so offered, “Thistle might know, but she is still young. This was her first heat season she was just shy of her second birthday I believe if not a few days into it when we…—” He paused, licked his lips and tried to think of a more delicate way to word it, “— you know…but I was not her first and I believe his seed took because of that.” Ragnar settled for lamely, bringing up Crete because…well he had too; while reminding Julooke of Thistle's young age …which didn’t give her many options of women to turn too if Thistle didn’t know, either. Maybe Nerian. “Nerian might be able to help. She has never had children but she is older than Thistle I believe.” The thought of Nerian going through a heat cycle was not, admittedly, a good one for Ragnar because it flashed back that nagging idea (try as he may to get rid of it) of having a polygamy relationship with both women because he wanted them both.

“If these months are anything to go by probably trouble,” At least from Crete’s spawn, anyway. The worst part was, they weren’t even Ragnar’s by seed and they were already trouble. “If you want it this year, then yes.” Ragnar told her. They didn’t have to take the offer but it was there if they wanted it. After a moment of contemplation he lifted his leg to mark another tree on their path.

Messages In This Thread
a king's ransom - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 10:10 AM
RE: a king's ransom - by Julooke - June 23, 2014, 10:52 AM
RE: a king's ransom - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 11:53 AM
RE: a king's ransom - by Julooke - June 23, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: a king's ransom - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: a king's ransom - by Julooke - June 23, 2014, 01:33 PM
RE: a king's ransom - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 01:49 PM
RE: a king's ransom - by Julooke - June 23, 2014, 03:33 PM
RE: a king's ransom - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: a king's ransom - by Julooke - June 23, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: a king's ransom - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 05:41 PM