A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh]
81 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Powerplaying Aryn into this, since it would help along for her to be there and she is my character. She should be joining Wild Fauna group again soon, anyway. @Ferdie Von Pelt , I have a feeling you'll want to be in this one! :D

The small wolf flitted towards the mountaintop, her strides more like a bird's flight than a wolf's run. Her legs were long and powerful, perfectly made for running and jumping, and her rusty-red streak seemed like a flying cardinal as the small juvenile followed the owl above in hot pursuit.

"Miss Aryn!" Nightingale panted, glancing up at the bird in exhaustion, "Are you sure you saw Ferdie this way?"

"Positive." The tawny predator called back down to the half-blind youngster. "You'll be back with Ferdie soon enough."

Nightingale smiled. She had definitely grown a bit since her absence, and her heart longed to see the wolf that she could call Father. The creamy female pushed all the harder into the heart of the territory, ignoring the fact that she might be greeted with a stranger.

At least a month, she thought to herself, It's been at least a month.

A month of hard and well-rewarded training. She had remembered after she had left the Creek and met with Jace. After the dark-furred wolf had left her presence, she was worried that she wouldn't be an asset to the new pack. Aryn had changed that.

"You already know about plants and their healing properties," the owl said, "That is more than enough."

"It's not enough," the young wolf fretted, "Anyone can learn about plants. They're just plants."

"Well then, if you put it that way..." Aryn replied, ruffling her feathers a tad. No matter how warm it was, she always seemed a bit cold. "I could change that."

"Change it?" Nightingale echoed. "Change it how?"

"Any wolf can learn the earth. But can any wolf learn the skies?" Aryn held a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"Uhm, no? I'm sorry, Aryn? But what do you mean?"

"I mean that I can teach you the constellations of the stars, to tell how close it is to winter. I can teach you how to tell when rain will come before the subtlest hints even touch your nose. I can even teach you how to fly like a bird."

"Fly like a bird?!" Nightingale screeched, "You can teach me to fly like a bird?!"

"Well, not exactly." The owl hooted. "But I can tell by the way you run. You have the makings of a fine jumper." She nodded. "I can show you the proper way to tone your muscles to jump a good number of feet in the air to make it
appear as if you're flying, hmm?"

The little wolf thought about it before nodding slowly. "Yes... Yes, yes! I'll do it! I'll learn how to jump and read the skies! I'll learn from you, Aryn! Oh, I mean... Miss Aryn." she looked up, ginning sheepishly.

The owl flapped her wingspan out. "Very well, but you must know, I have to teach you this out of Teekon. We need a specific kind of terrain to train you. One that is hard to find that's not covered with other wolves. Are you up to that?"

"Oh." the little wolf's tail drooped. "Oh... I-I guess... I'll take that charge. If it means I can be better and useful, then I'll take it."

The wolf slowed as the owl lowered."You alright, Aryn?" she looked concerned at her mentor and friend.

"Fine, just fine." She waggled her wing, and landed on the slowing wolf's back. "Still not used to flying in daylight, even after that long time..."

The duo traveled further into the pack grounds, searching for their, what you could call, adopted family.
Messages In This Thread
A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh] - by Nightingale - June 23, 2014, 11:40 PM