Stavanger Bay i'm moving into stillness
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
If he’d known how she had painted him in her mind, his ego would have expanded beyond all comprehension and turned him into a wild-eyed fiend. Instead, he watched as she mulled his question and then produced a response that seemed as though it fit the statement she had first used. He was curious to know why a girl like her would seek to settle in one place, and he wondered if a lifetime crew membership was what she was desiring. Smokestep did not want to imagine that there was a possibility of her abandoning ship and forcing him to hunt her down. The pale corsair also wondered which name she had given him in order to represent herself. The pirate was intrigued, but a cautious glint caught in his gaze and he drew his head up a ways in a sharp motion.

“Ye sound like a fine lass,” he said to her, voice genuine in its delivery. “An wot happens when ye’ve grown tired o’ this place? Ye trot off to find someone else to give ye names?”

It was something that he felt was a valid concern. Smokestep wanted to grant her access into his home, but he needed loyalty above all else, and to know that he would have a crew that would remain true to their Captain until their dying breath. Smokestep knew that it was a lot to ask of joiners and newcomers, but it was really all that he would ask of his men and women; loyalty was a fire that burned brighter and hotter than most he’d ever seen. If the time came, he needed honor in that bond. And he wasn’t fond of chasing down pretty girls for leaving without word.
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
Messages In This Thread
i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 07:56 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 08:57 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 09:44 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 10:00 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 11:20 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 11:39 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 11:51 PM