Duck Lake winding roads are winding down.
<font color="FFA500">I wish the <i>wild</i> was alive like <i>you</i>.</font>
45 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
[size=x-small]ooc: for @Fang :)[/size]

It was dusk, and a dark, slight form was using the fading light to her advantage. Rahzie crouched low in the grasses surrounding the lake, slowly moving one striped leg forward after another. The obnoxious quacking of a flock of ducks coming to roost on the shore had drawn her attention from afar, and this coywolf was hungry. She had been unlucky as of late, and it was beginning to show in her already small frame growing ever smaller by the day.

She had made sure to approach the flock from downwind, and was forcing herself to be patient as she slowly made her way forward. Her dark coat was so far concealing her in the dim light, and she easily hid below the height of the tall grasses in her crouch. Finally, her dark brown eyes were peering through the edge of the grasses, and her lean muscles tensed. A low growl began to rumble in her chest. 'three... two... one...'

Rahzie surged forward with her characteristic speed at the closest waterfowl, snapping her jaws shut on empty air. Letting her growl pour from her lips, she spun on a dime and aimed for the next closest duck. Again, her teeth hit nothing but one another. Cursing, she spun this way and that - her agility was impressive, but apparently, not impressive enough, as every last one of the ducks took off until she was left on an empty shore, the air filled with the fading squaks of the upset birds as they flew off.

"GOD damnit," Rahzie snarled to herself, flopping down onto the ground in frustration. Her eyes peered out over the lake, and she took in a deep breath, before letting it out in an exasperated sigh. She would be hungry another night, but at least she found a nice view.
Messages In This Thread
winding roads are winding down. - by Rahzie - July 05, 2014, 09:51 PM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Fang - July 05, 2014, 10:46 PM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Rahzie - July 05, 2014, 11:08 PM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Fang - July 05, 2014, 11:28 PM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Rahzie - July 05, 2014, 11:48 PM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Fang - July 06, 2014, 12:07 AM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Rahzie - July 06, 2014, 12:33 AM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Fang - July 06, 2014, 04:03 AM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Rahzie - July 06, 2014, 11:00 AM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Fang - July 06, 2014, 03:21 PM
RE: winding roads are winding down. - by Rahzie - July 07, 2014, 09:22 PM