Swiftcurrent Creek is that what you're brewin'
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
For @Danica, but we're open to others as well!

She was starting to settle in and grow comfortable with the idea that this was her home and life now; not that it meant she considered these wolves her family, but they were her protectors, even if that relationship was tenuous at best. The more often that Magpie left her den at the territory's edge to explore a little deeper, the less suspicious she was of potential attack. The youth was ever alert, but her gait was becoming more relaxed.

It was cooler today then it had been, but Magpie's dark coat absorbed heat and made her feel several degrees hotter than what it was in reality. Thirst was a fiery presence in her throat, and she realized that she hadn't actually seen the pack's namesake up close and personal — preferring to skirt along the claim's edges and perusing the water to be found there. The thought of venturing so deep into the pack's land excited and terrified her; she could feel her heart beat curiously at the base of her throat.

She adopted the lower posture of her first days here as she neared the point from which the land beyond was unknown to her. It was unlikely that there was danger at the territory's center, she knew, but the youth could run into a pack member that was less-than-tolerant of her presence within the ranks. It was unlikely that any of the rest of them would mourn her death or even remember her if she disappeared. To them, she was the outsider.

Her pace was slow, but she moved determinedly towards the soft whisper of the creek.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
is that what you're brewin' - by OG Magpie - July 11, 2014, 01:10 PM
RE: is that what you're brewin' - by Danica RIP - July 13, 2014, 05:40 PM
RE: is that what you're brewin' - by OG Magpie - July 16, 2014, 02:35 PM
RE: is that what you're brewin' - by Danica RIP - July 18, 2014, 10:33 PM
RE: is that what you're brewin' - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 07:46 PM
RE: is that what you're brewin' - by Danica RIP - July 30, 2014, 06:22 PM
RE: is that what you're brewin' - by OG Magpie - January 21, 2015, 11:14 PM