Lost Creek Hollow no good deed
330 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca

He almost lost interest when he admitted their leaving wasn't because of war; had he known the truth, that it was famine, he might've reconsidered his desire to eventually explore further west. Tulimaq remained attentive when there was mention of bears and then, growing more curious, battle. He was right to assume this man was a warrior. It pleased him that he was no longer the only proven creature of combat in the valley.

Tulimaq knew he was making the man uncomfortable with his questions; he would be equally suspicious of any beast roaming outside of his claim, should he ever have one. In fact, he would be less inclined to speak — likely more prone to the gnashing of teeth and the spilling of blood. Tulimaq was thankful this man was more level-headed than himself.

A battle! I knew I was not wrong in assuming your strength. Whether he meant the man specifically or his pack, his people, his offspring, was not clear. But his mood shifts easily to something more disarming, and a small smile - a real one - breaks through the chill he typically hides behind. He steps back, watching the guardsman, and comments — The thrill of battle keeps us young! Tell me, who did you fight, and why? I assume your people won the day, but how? He's talking quickly now, clearly affected by the prospect of information. He pauses though, and takes a breath. Or, better yet, you could show me your skills. It would be an honor to share my experience and to learn from yours, it would be preferable to sparring with children anyways.
Messages In This Thread
no good deed - by Tulimaq - November 05, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: no good deed - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 04:05 PM
RE: no good deed - by Tulimaq - November 05, 2018, 04:10 PM
RE: no good deed - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 04:18 PM
RE: no good deed - by Tulimaq - November 05, 2018, 04:56 PM
RE: no good deed - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 05:14 PM
RE: no good deed - by Tulimaq - November 05, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: no good deed - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 05:56 PM
RE: no good deed - by Tulimaq - November 05, 2018, 06:28 PM
RE: no good deed - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: no good deed - by Tulimaq - November 05, 2018, 08:23 PM