Jade Fern Grove give me that secret hush i must yes i do need [m]
the world is cold and life's not fair
64 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Isleña was surprised when another spoke to her — she had fully believed she was alone under the cover of night’s darkness. “Sikmək!” she cursed as her body tensed and lurched in place, soundlessly lifting a centimeter or two into the air much like a cat. Then, within the same instant her hackles rose and ears pinned back, and her visage whipped over her shoulder to see just which of her family had seen her forfeit the world’s most perfect meal opportunity. Caught/

Oh, but a delightful surprise awaited her! It was a man, much larger than her, and not subtle or shy in his way of approaching her. Isleña, a creature of the underworld, unfortunately did not entertain much knowledge of the area’s common tongue — after all, the language of her family was the common tongue where she had come from — but she understood more than she could speak. Normally Isleña would dismiss anyone she could not easily communicate with — read: family only — but the handsome face was welcome and the banshee was not so quick to abandon his company. Even still, the majority of his words were gibberish but she assumed from his wry smile that he was referencing the doe and her small child.

Islena searched her lexicon for the most correct word, but her choices were so few. She settled on “Pretty,” knowing that the hulking brute might not agree with her assessment of the deer. They were food, and so often, food was not considered pretty. Returning his knowing grin, Isleña made a small request of him. “No tell,” she asked confidently, though she was only grasping at the language she spoke so well. With a deft flick of her chin, she signaled to some anonymous group of others amongst the trees. Of course this stranger wouldn't tell her family, because he did not know them, but she really wished to say I am not alone and at the same time acknowledge her most-willing hunting faux-pas. “Please.”

To show she was not an idiot, however, Isleña slurred in her native language “Ailəm bütün sürüləri ala bilərdi.” and watched to see how he’d react to being put in the same position.
common tongue    |    hover for translation
Messages In This Thread
RE: give me that secret hush i must yes i do need - by Isleña - November 27, 2018, 01:43 PM