Blacktail Deer Plateau easy does it
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra met Blue’s inquiry with a searching gaze. She needed to choose her next words carefully. Being alive served proof enough she could effectively hunt, track, and defend. To mention such basic skills would be unnecessary. And to boast competence in an area of specialty would invite expectations from her alpha Kaihra wasn’t ready to face. A tang of dissatisfaction stirred in her throat at the options before her, but the dark wolf swallowed the sensation away as she spoke. ”I have learned many skills essential to survival throughout my travels. Those I have are yours to use.” She dipped her head again and added, ”Though I am afraid my healing doesn’t go much further than tending to cuts and bruises.” She knew her young mind could easily absorb Blue’s teaching, but something about subjecting herself to sick and moaning packmates made her stomach churn.

At Blue’s mention of her own family, Kaihra pricked her ears, but did well to keep her face steady as she listened. So Blue had left kin behind to settle in this land, much like herself. Kaihra wanted to find comfort in this, but she found little to replace the guilt that still chewed at her bones. ”There comes a time in every wolf’s life when we must leave our kin behind. We can only hope that one day, we can leave behind our regrets for doing so too.” She couldn’t tell if she was trying to console Blue or herself, but if she had meant the latter, she knew well enough she had already failed.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 12, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: easy does it - by Kaihra - July 13, 2014, 02:27 AM
RE: easy does it - by Fireblaze - July 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
RE: easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 14, 2014, 02:15 PM
RE: easy does it - by Kaihra - July 15, 2014, 06:49 PM
RE: easy does it - by Fireblaze - July 20, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 20, 2014, 04:26 PM