Blacktail Deer Plateau let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I'm making an exception to my usual ban on role playing with myself for obvious reasons! This takes place directly following this thread. I'm going to be vague about its outcome. Also, let me know if you mind the slight power play, Remedy. :3

Peregrine was dog tired by the time the plateau came into view. He scarcely had time to register its familiar silhouette—a sight for sore eyes for someone who despised being away from home—before a childish scream pierced the air, startling him. Fatherly instincts kicked in immediately and he broke into a gallop that carried him quickly to the foot of the plateau and up the access trail.

The sight that greeted him at its top made Peregrine's heart stop for a second. He froze in place, his eyes fixing on an unmistakable pair of mismatched eyes seated just below two enormous black ears. He experienced a flashback to the day when he'd sorrowfully buried an identical set of ears. Those weren't her ears, he thought dumbly even as Osprey Jr.'s voice and scent filled his ears, nose and heart.

He sank to the ground with a quiet moan. "Osprey Jr...?" He almost didn't dare believe his eyes, ears and nose. Perhaps he was simply imagining her, just like Tytonidae did. He glanced at his charcoal smudge of a daughter, briefly wondering if she really could see things that weren't there. Or maybe she could see ghosts, like Pied. And perhaps this skill had rubbed off on him the other day.

Deciding he didn't care what miracle had set his lost daughter before him today, Peregrine suddenly lunged forward, scooping both his girls into the world's most heartfelt bear hug. A sobbing laugh wrenched out of him as he held them both close, feeling their warm and decidedly alive bodies squirming in his arms.