The Sunspire Questions and answers
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt had come to expect disdain from his newest comrade, the only other male in the pack aside from Jace and himself, so when Fang offered actions that showed more respect then necessary Ferdie knew something was weighing heavily on Fang's mind.

Ferdie slowed to a stop having set a fair pace and keeping quiet most of the way 'home' and cast his eyes upon Fang, listening intently.

Ferdie offered a sad smile. You know how they say, Fang, the road to Hell is paved in good intentions. well lets just say my path in life is a four laned highway Ferdie chuckled softly wondering if the reference would be received for not.

Ferdie shook himself getting serious now, he took a seat Was it worth it... Ferdies tail drummed against the ground thoughtful as he began a very long winded recollection of events, it was a good this he also loved the sound of his own voice.

I didn't take them captive just to get to Fox. That thought occurred to me later, I didn't have an end game in mind when we took Magpie from Fox. All I wanted was to protect that pup from further harm at Fox's paws, I had foolishly hoped Magpie would stay here and grow up, as safe as I could keep her. That was the thought in my head the moment we took her into our pack lands.

Ferdie sighed As for Leaf, That was personal, I learned she and Jace had feelings for each other.
Now I am no Cupid and in fact what I did was rather stupid.
All I wanted there was to give them a chance in as neutral a ground as 'I' could personally offer to sort things out.
I failed in that respect too. But at least I got to talk to Leaf and Jace got a few fleeting moments with her.

Ferdie flattened his ears against his skull and he muttered I should not have to take a wolf hostage just to have a decent conversation with them.

Ferdie swung his ears back, not really looking at fang anymore as he continued his recount of the past week
Now I must agree with the outcome, even if it was rather convoluted. If we let all of them run, Fox would have gone back to their pack and plotted more, and continued to harass us, forcing retaliation sooner or later.
If we Killed them for pissing on our boarders then we would have had an all out war, Swiftcurrent Creek would have invaded with intent to kill. You saw their numbers that was the worst possible outcome.

By keeping them, Fox for some reason, chose to run away, which knowing Fox intimately since she used to be my alpha really isn't all that surprising. Her running, it set forth Pack wide chaos in swiftcurrent creek, which worked to our advantage, Thankfully.
But, now, I have a wild card in this pack something that could visit this whole mess upon us all over again....

and in this respect the answer to your question was it worth it.... Yes and No....
Ferdie turned his gaze to Fang, looking for the males reaction. Not sure what he'd find there. It was Ferdie's job to look to the future and stand by his decisions, if he had to would he do this all over again? yes he would. That alone make his resolve firmer.

Messages In This Thread
Questions and answers - by Fang - July 27, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Questions and answers - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 27, 2014, 11:19 PM
RE: Questions and answers - by Fang - July 28, 2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Questions and answers - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 28, 2014, 06:43 AM
RE: Questions and answers - by Fang - July 28, 2014, 07:12 AM
RE: Questions and answers - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 28, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: Questions and answers - by Fang - July 28, 2014, 06:58 PM
RE: Questions and answers - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 28, 2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Questions and answers - by Fang - July 29, 2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Questions and answers - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 29, 2014, 07:43 PM
RE: Questions and answers - by Fang - July 29, 2014, 08:06 PM