Heron Lake Plateau born in the right country
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He nodded slightly.  Quixote couldn't really think of any concrete reason to deny them.  Just asking was perhaps more maturity than he'd figured any of that similarly aged group had.  Perhaps he should give them a little more credit.  First Niamh had pretty much done an 180 on her attitude, now this... Really all he needed was to talk to Towhee again and find out she'd figured out the whole two packs thing wasn't such a horrible disaster or whatever and he'd have completed the set.  It's an adventure.  Good and bad.  Hopefully more of the former.  And not with such a rough start as his family had -- that'd be some really bad memories that would dredge themselves up later in the season.  At least Screech or Titmouse or whatever was not anywhere within range as far as he knew.

Maybe this would be a bit of an olive branch?  Something to prove that he wasn't some kind of irrational monster or whatever the hell they all had thought of him.  Probably not, that'd be asking for too much.  He just hoped he wasn't making the wrong call when it came to Camilla -- but considering Quixote's experiences dealt more with fighting and less with Stockholm syndrome or whatever that could do to people, he was just assuming she was made of tougher stuff than he expected, and had brushed it off.  His eyes flicked between them, And I guess with Eljay leaving, Raven's our only midwife.  I'm sure she'll want to check in and make sure everything goes okay, so I hope you'll be ready to get pestered by her a bit. -- And "good luck" seems like a weird thing to say in this case... Early congrats? I dunno.  Qui wasn't gonna win any awards for his elegant speeches, but he was at least smiling a little, which never seemed super visible given he was more prone to eternally seeming kind of scowl-y.
Messages In This Thread
born in the right country - by Phox - January 18, 2019, 06:07 PM
RE: born in the right country - by Spooky Camilla - January 18, 2019, 07:03 PM
RE: born in the right country - by Quixote - January 21, 2019, 12:14 AM
RE: born in the right country - by Phox - January 22, 2019, 04:13 PM
RE: born in the right country - by Spooky Camilla - January 22, 2019, 04:19 PM
RE: born in the right country - by Quixote - January 27, 2019, 05:19 AM
RE: born in the right country - by Phox - January 30, 2019, 12:38 PM
RE: born in the right country - by Spooky Camilla - January 30, 2019, 05:34 PM
RE: born in the right country - by Quixote - February 04, 2019, 02:12 AM
RE: born in the right country - by Phox - February 05, 2019, 02:42 PM
RE: born in the right country - by Spooky Camilla - February 07, 2019, 12:07 AM