all of the light just fades away
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
He expressed some surprise over their shared birthplace and Koontz waved her tail so that its silvery length brushed against him. She listened raptly as he spoke, bobbing her head to acknowledge the familiarity of his pack's name. He named a few of his relatives and she felt like she vaguely recognized some of the monikers. She came to a dead stop suddenly at one particular name.

"No kidding!" she blurted. "Chakra and Mo—my mother—were close. They didn't get to see each other that much after becoming leaders and having kids... but he would come to see her every once in a while or she would go visit him." She found the connection pretty neat, which was evidenced by her tone. "I only met him once or twice myself and I barely remember him because I was so young... but he must've been pretty awesome if Mo was fond of him," Koontz said complimentarily.

"Flightless Falcons," she added when he inquired after the pack's name. "My mom founded it when she was really young. She ran it with her previous mate—I forget his name—but he evidently disappeared not long after they had my half-brothers. Then she paired up with my dad and, well, they've been running the ship ever since. They're getting kind of old and creaky these days," she finished with a laugh, "but I bet they'll be in charge until the day they die. I can't see Mo ever stepping down before then."
Messages In This Thread
all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - September 18, 2013, 05:35 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - September 25, 2013, 10:03 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - September 25, 2013, 10:27 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - September 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 03:11 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 03:33 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 04:32 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 05:56 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 06:27 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 09:08 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 09, 2013, 10:20 AM