Blackfeather Woods Stars fell from the sky
40 Posts
Ooc —
With bowed head, she nimbles to the mother's side - hunkered, nonthreatening in her approach. The last the Moon's daughter need worry about now in her state of grief is a perceived danger to her newborns. Istoira's gaze dances only briefly over the living children - plump, squirming hues of shadow and snow - with a brief thought of welcome to the world. 

The healer takes the tiny form in her maw as gently as she would an eggshell, departing with the cold pup upon a twirl of her dark paws - lest Moonshadow let her eyes linger on the lost child. 

To the woods she would take the unmoving daughter of moonlight, to a fold of the wooded hills not within immediate sight of the den, placing the girl gently upon the earth as her paws worked to loosen the soil and unearth a small pit for the child's body. The soft blip of white winked out of existence beneath heaps of red earth - a hollow ache awakened in the woman's chest by the sight. 

A soft grey stone, flat and river-smoothened, with a faint sheen of silver would mark the grave as a headstone and a cluster of wild white chick daisies rested upon the small grave. Istoira would show it to Moonshadow someday, if ever she felt the need to see the girl's resting place. 

The dark witch turned to hasten back to her girl's side but paused, brow wrinkling slightly. It seemed wrong that the child go unacknowledged into death. 

"Stars, moon, and sun, gather to watch over the lost girl. She was unnamed but not unloved - let her know only peace in her journey back to the Mother." 

She left the new grave with the sighs of wind and songs of birds to lull the stillborn babe. 

The shadow hesitated near the boundaries of Moonshadow's den upon her return - uncertain if she would want pivacy to grieve or company after her stressful delivery. 

@Rowan I thought perhaps your post was a cameo but if not I apologize for skipping you
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
and still. you could not kill me."
Messages In This Thread
Stars fell from the sky - by Moonshadow - May 08, 2019, 08:08 AM
RE: Stars fell from the sky - by Rowan - May 08, 2019, 12:59 PM
RE: Stars fell from the sky - by Istoira - May 08, 2019, 03:44 PM
RE: Stars fell from the sky - by Moonshadow - May 08, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: Stars fell from the sky - by Istoira - May 08, 2019, 04:37 PM
RE: Stars fell from the sky - by Tundra - May 08, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: Stars fell from the sky - by Moonshadow - May 10, 2019, 09:10 AM
RE: Stars fell from the sky - by Istoira - May 13, 2019, 04:03 PM