Overture Downs Feel quite clean in this new skin that we have grown.
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
All of a sudden, the awkwardness dissipated. It seemed that Breccan had said the magic words; the girl was familiar with his father — even thinking of him as an uncle of sorts — and therefore seemed to relax in Breccan’s presence. He supposed that made Terance his sort-of-uncle too, although he had never really thought of him that way — but the pack was all one big family.

As she gestured for him to join her at the crest of the hill, he obliged. He climbed up alongside her and dropped to his haunches. She apologized for her defensive behavior earlier, and he shrugged to show it was no big deal. That’s okay. I shouldn’t have surprised you, he said, shouldering some of the blame himself.

But you shouldn’t be embarrassed. You’re a good singer, he continued earnestly, glancing over at her even as the clouds slowly cleared overhead. And then, just in case the compliment made her uncomfortable again, he grinned and added, You wouldn’t want to hear me sing. I’d probably sound like a dying moose!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel quite clean in this new skin that we have grown. - by Breccan - June 01, 2019, 08:45 AM