Firestone Hot Springs Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine [M]
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ellie's puerile remark was met with little more than a backward sweep of Peregrine's ears, though it effectively scattered his thoughts for a moment. He was angrily trying to gather them when he heard a heavy sigh and the telltale sound of Ellie's rump hitting the ground again. He didn't look at her. In fact, he stiffened, his annoyance clearly written into every line of his dark body.

He remained braced and motionless during her soliloquy. Not a second after the word advice left her lips, he turned, his eyes glittering. "I already have four kids and a mentally impaired brother to look after. Meanwhile, you just snapped at me for 'lecturing' you. I'm not going to waste my time trying to give you any more assistance or paternal advice. Just... fuck off." His voice was deep and cool, as was his piercing gaze. Truthfully, some of his frustration didn't lay with her personally—it wasn't her fault he'd been able to save her and not his own brother—but he felt little guilt over his words.

With nothing else left to say, Peregrine stood and began striding purposefully through the shallows. When he reached the other bank, he didn't look back. He simply wiped his wet feet on the grass and loped in the direction of the plateau. He felt a strong need to visit with Atticus. Rescuing a stranger hadn't done a thing to soothe his guilt over his brother's condition.
Messages In This Thread
Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine [M] - by Ellie - August 08, 2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 09, 2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 09, 2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 12:21 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 04:58 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 10, 2014, 08:04 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 08:17 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine [M] - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 09:20 PM