Mudminnow River Why is the piggy bank empty! Am I that poor?
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
At the sight of the man's smile Iolana relaxed, he accepted her joke and even seemed to enjoy it. She watched him closely as she formed the words in her mind, piecing together all the parts, like a puzzle. Her brain registered every syllable as he spoke, logic peaking as she snapped the jigsaw in place and she registered what he said.

"When people are speaking, I lip-read. Like I did just now. Usually, I use my other senses, which takes time getting used to but when you do it's only more work. You have to stay vigilant. I wasn't doing that earlier, so that's not a very good example. Since I can only hear loud or high-pitched noises, Lale the friend I told you about, will whistle when necessary. We have different codes for different situations, so she flys and tells me anything important with a simple call!" the wisp responded. She had explained her life somewhat, but Corvus still really had no clue the amount of effort it took just to hunt for food. More or less protect herself, but Iolana was no complainer, so she simply smiled at the man.
Iolana is almost completely deaf... she can only hear loud noises. She often tries to lip-read but it doesn't always work. She is also usually accompanied by a Merlin bird. You are always welcome to reference her! Her name is Lale (lah-leh) if that helps at all! Hawaiian will look like this when Iolana decides to speak it! <3
Messages In This Thread
Why is the piggy bank empty! Am I that poor? - by Iolana - January 19, 2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Why is the piggy bank empty! Am I that poor? - by Iolana - January 30, 2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Why is the piggy bank empty! Am I that poor? - by Corvus - February 01, 2020, 12:54 PM
RE: Why is the piggy bank empty! Am I that poor? - by Iolana - February 01, 2020, 07:13 PM
RE: Why is the piggy bank empty! Am I that poor? - by Corvus - February 23, 2020, 12:42 PM
RE: Why is the piggy bank empty! Am I that poor? - by Iolana - February 23, 2020, 03:03 PM