Hushed Willows Gentle on My Mind
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante's eyes grew wider by the second as Lumiya continued, a cold pool of dread settling in his stomach. Oh gods he was about to make the biggest fool of himself. It wasn't neccessarily that Dante had a bad voice; the young man believed he could carry a tune just fine back home, but then he had always been singing with the many voices of others. If his throat strained or his pitch got a bit off, nobody would really notice because they were all in harmony together. Now, he was all on his own, in front of quite possibly the most lovely spirit he'd ever met, expected to sing something. Dante wished in that moment that he could've just said no, walked away and allowed himself to forget the interaction altogether, but it took one look in those bright eyes of hers and the boy was once again at Lumiya's mercy. 

Um, he stuttered out, voice high and pitchy, nearly squeaking a bit, I. It's only, um, fair, I guess, his eyes shot about her face, checking once more to make sure she wasn't kidding. You- I mean, you're serious? I mean- no, I know you're serious I guess just- um, just don't expect anything much, please just- He cut himself off quickly with a short huff, looking down and then back up again, his paw tapping the ground rapidly. Gods I don't even know what to...I mean all we had back home were like, I dunno folk songs, traditionals, yeah? So just...It's nothing pretty as your words, alright? The boy braced himself then, shuffling his feet once more and opening his maw to begin, and- Ugh, he whined half-playfully, his maw tilting up as he formed a puppy-like mock-pout. You didn't even know I was listening you had it so much easier, he groaned with a slight smile towards the wisp, scrunching his nose up in what he realized had become his 'Lumiya face''. 

Finally, cutting the bullshit and getting on with his humiliation, Dante turned his gaze away from Lumiya, looking anywhere but her eyes, and began to sing. Why in the night sky are the lights hung?The young man's voice began tentatively, a bit shaky and slightly rough from disuse, his eyes flicking very briefly to Lumiya's face before squeezing tightly shut. Why is the Earth moving 'round the sun? Floating in the vacuum with no purpose not a one. Why in the night sky are the lights hung? His gentle voice gained a tad more confidence as he continued on, eyes still squeezed shut as he finished out with a few soft oh's, heart pounding with his own nerves and pelt feeling hot and prickly.  His mind remained devoid of any thought but of the sea for moments after, his eyes blinking open to stare at the ground as he recalled the brush of waves against his toes and the low drone of the ocean's crashing song in his own ears.

Messages In This Thread
Gentle on My Mind - by Dante - July 09, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Lumiya - July 10, 2020, 08:55 AM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Dante - July 10, 2020, 12:23 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Lumiya - July 10, 2020, 06:16 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Dante - July 10, 2020, 06:24 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Lumiya - July 10, 2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Dante - July 10, 2020, 07:01 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Lumiya - July 10, 2020, 07:19 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Dante - July 10, 2020, 07:42 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Lumiya - July 10, 2020, 07:56 PM
RE: Gentle on My Mind - by Dante - July 10, 2020, 08:22 PM