Swiftcurrent Creek I hate what didn't kill me.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
As though she read her mind, Bazi shuffled forward across the ground and into Paarthurnax' waiting embrace. The lithe wolfess draped herself protectively over the little Alphess until she was snug against her chest, where she continued to weep freely. Paar crooned to her, swept her tongue soothingly across the top of her young companion's crown, and waited patiently for the wailing to end.

When it did, the promise of not being hated was made, and Paar felt lighter for a fleeting moment before her heart dropped again. Guilt consumed her, tightened its grasp. She did not regret her blooming feelings for Shadow, nor did she resent Bazi for her bitter reaction toward poor, innocent Danica... but she hated that no matter her choice, she was going to hurt somebody. And she would have to live with the guilt for a long time to come.

"I know. Nobody's perfect Not me, not you," Paarthurnax tried, burying her snout among the thick ivory fur of Bazi's nape. "These imperfections make us who we are. We can't always agree with the things others say or do, but we owe it to the ones we love to learn to accept or even appreciate their flaws." She paused, unsure if she was helping or making things worse. "Is it true, Bazi? About Danica?"
Messages In This Thread
I hate what didn't kill me. - by Paarthurnax - August 30, 2014, 03:08 AM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Bazi - August 30, 2014, 01:16 PM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Paarthurnax - August 30, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Bazi - August 30, 2014, 01:48 PM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Paarthurnax - August 31, 2014, 02:21 AM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Bazi - August 31, 2014, 04:55 PM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Paarthurnax - September 01, 2014, 04:17 PM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Bazi - September 02, 2014, 07:29 AM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Paarthurnax - September 02, 2014, 03:57 PM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Bazi - September 03, 2014, 02:44 AM
RE: I hate what didn't kill me. - by Paarthurnax - September 05, 2014, 09:52 AM