Neverwinter Forest when the devil came to visit me
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
NO ur fine

yunxu offers vallkyrie a grateful smile. he understands his...sister's...caution; in her position, he'd do the same. he's nonetheless thankful there's someone here to vouch for him, someone who must be at least friendly with the pack, to invite them into their forest.

he does feel a little guilty for his shift into mandarin, but he'd rather not be misunderstood. moreover, he'd rather not struggle with his broken english any longer than he needs to, certainly not when it comes to this explanation.

he lacks imagination, but the tales have always seemed so outlandish. seadragon lagoon rarely dealt with strangers, much less crews of roving pirates, and any conflict yunxu got himself into was entirely his own fault. they had been raised on stories only.

"they were captured by pirates for a year, and managed to escape," yunxu says, a twitch of his nose the only acknowledgement of how much of an excuse it might seem. "when they returned to 海龙泻湖, you were gone, and no one could tell them what had happened. they resumed their position, and had us. my – our brother taisun, and our sisters aimi and lifen." 

he intends to leave it there, but vallkyrie is still waiting and he can only imagine how awkward that situation must be. "my parents go missing from home after they have our sisters," he translates, tail flicking nervously over his hind legs. "they come back later, and not know where our sisters are, or if they alive."

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
when the devil came to visit me - by Yunxu - August 26, 2020, 12:28 AM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Vallkyrie - August 26, 2020, 01:26 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Huā - August 26, 2020, 05:15 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Yunxu - August 26, 2020, 10:05 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Vallkyrie - August 27, 2020, 08:36 AM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Huā - September 07, 2020, 05:55 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Yunxu - September 08, 2020, 12:14 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Vallkyrie - September 08, 2020, 09:58 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Huā - September 28, 2020, 01:02 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Yunxu - September 30, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Vallkyrie - October 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Huā - October 20, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: when the devil came to visit me - by Yunxu - November 06, 2020, 11:35 PM