A Piece of My Heart Left Behind
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Hawkeye confirmed that Alphaship of was a possibility, and Pura nodded approvingly at that. Her departure made sense, then. She was a strawberry runner, reaching out to make a new plant grow.

"Why do you think being an Alpha is so important, Pura?"

This 'why' required thought. The freckled pup's expression hardly changed, but behind his pale grey eyes he was thinking hard. Why indeed. Dante was a good wolf, and he was only Beta. Atticus was good, Kisu was good - they were all good. But they weren't--

"Alphas are the best wolves," Pura declared, stutter free, staring into his foster mother's eyes pale green eyes. The facts were in his favour. The Alpha made the rules, bossed everyone else around, and were the only ones that could breed freely. As he grew, Pura gathered little nuggets of information about hierarchy and rules - unshakable structures that he liked and appreciated. It had irked initially when Fox slotted into the Alpha position alongside Peregrine, but the dust had settled on the upset and now he accepted the change.

Hawkeye was leaving for a better life, as - presumably - Fox had done to come to the Plateau. It made complete sense to Pura, whose approach to most things in life was logical to a fault.
Messages In This Thread
A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Hawkeye - August 27, 2014, 11:26 AM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Pura - August 29, 2014, 06:04 AM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Hawkeye - August 29, 2014, 12:53 PM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Pura - August 29, 2014, 03:27 PM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Hawkeye - September 02, 2014, 06:33 PM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Pura - September 03, 2014, 03:31 AM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Hawkeye - September 03, 2014, 02:27 PM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Pura - September 05, 2014, 03:35 PM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Hawkeye - September 11, 2014, 01:11 PM
RE: A Piece of My Heart Left Behind - by Pura - December 05, 2014, 12:11 PM